Latitudes Environmental recently teamed with a respected international consultancy, Risk Safety Management Associates (RSMA, http://rsma.com.au/) to complete EPA Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasure Plans for nearly 200 oil and gas production facilities in Texas. This work included:
- Site visits to document equipment and site conditions
- Interviews with operations personnel to understand their oil handling and pollution prevention practices
- Development of scaled drawings, showing oil containers, secondary containment calculations, and anticipated flow direction in the event of a spill
- A set of procedures for discharge notification and emergency response, including methods of disposal
- A discussion of routine inspections and tests, as well as recordkeeping and training requirements
- Certification of the final Plan by our licensed, Professional Engineer
Our team is proud to have completed and delivered this work in under 5 weeks, from notice to proceed. This could only be accomplished through our experience and ability to streamline, while employing a dedicated staff with one focus- the needs of our Client.
This has been an excellent portfolio project for us, working for a great operator who is committed to ‘doing the right thing’ when it comes to protecting the environment, and keeping their people safe.